Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The above photo of Tessa Blanchard and Daga training with Sasha Banks, Bayley & Kalisto at Funaki’s school in San Antonio was tweeted out recently, and reminded fans of reports WWE’s interested in signing Blanchard.
- There was talk at WWE that Charlotte Flair might be on this week’s SmackDown, per PW Insider. That would line up with Andrade’s Monday tweet about her being cleared in four days, and there’s speculation she could start a WrestleMania angle on the show.
- A fan who was selected for the ThunderDome screens on Monday’s Raw tweeted that WWE also asked for reactions for the Hall of Fame Ceremony. Fans were recorded “laughing, crazy cheering, formal or polite applause and serious or intellectual listening”.
- The Tian Sha gimmick is popular with NXT management, according to Fightful Select. Triple H and Shawn Michaels are said to be hands on with the act, as they see it having “a long-term future”. The report also confirms its Karen Q playing the Mei Ying character.
- In a post-match promo, Darby Allin said he’s “pretty sure” John Silver dislocated his shoulder during their main event on last night’s Dynamite.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.