Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Sunday’s pre-Fastlane edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said he asked his WWE sources if they were planning to run an Edge vs. Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan Universal title Triple Threat at WrestleMania 37, and was told no. He did offer the caveat that plans could change, and based on last night’s PPV finish, it would appear they have.
- Batista has been removed from WWE’s listings for this year’s Hall of Fame. WWE hasn’t officially commented, but a source told Wrestling Observer, “there were changes to this year’s Hall of Fame...Batista was one of them.” It’s believed Dave Bautista had a scheduling conflict.
- WWE Network briefly referred to Daniel Bryan as a “2021 Hall of Fame Inductee” on Saturday. Fightful Select reports this was a mistake, but combined with his current television angle, it’s caused a lot of speculation.
- WrestleMania 37 tickets were close to being sold out within hours of their release on Friday, per the Observer. Most of what’s left are the most expensive ones on or close to the floor.
- The pitch to change up RETRIBUTION came from a “high level”, according to Fightful Select.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.