Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes heard that the card for WrestleMania 37 is “not close” to being finalized and mostly “back to square one.”
- However, Ringside News learned that Vince McMahon did finalize the card for WrestleMania this week, but it’s on a “need to know basis.”
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said he heard months ago that Raquel González is probably the woman who will defeat Io Shirai for the NXT women’s championship.
- Fightful says that WWE will soon be bringing in several international talents to the Performance Center who have been signed but unable to travel to the USA during the global pandemic.
- HeelByNature explains that WWE is having trouble trademarking the name “Dean Ambrose” without the performer’s written consent.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.