Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per Justin Barrasso of SI, tonight’s NXT announcements will be for women’s tag team titles and a two night TakeOver event with night one on USA and night two exclusively on Peacock.
- Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus in a Last Man Standing match is the working idea for Fastlane, according to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live.
- For whatever it’s worth, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE has a mentality that the titles are props and a tool to draw ratings, and that’s likely why they booked a Miz vs. Bobby Lashley rematch this week, because it was successful ratings wise the week before.
- He also says the idea now is Shane McMahon is supposed to be the heel and Braun Strowman is supposed to be the babyface in their feud.
- A feature article on Yahoo mentions the possibility of WWE returning to live road shows by July.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.