Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, Edge told Sporting News that Christian was actually cleared “a few months ago.”
- Per WrestleVotes, WWE has been against the idea of using cardboard cut outs in the stands at WrestleMania 37, at least so far.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Shinsuke Nakamura has been told his role going forward is to make new stars.
- The Observer notes that Angel Garza’s spot in the Royal Rumble was supposed to be a comedy bit where he would get eliminated quickly but that was ultimately decided against and he was replaced in the match.
- Fightful Select notes that Kip Sabian has been injured and that’s why he hasn’t wrestled recently.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.