Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer notes that there is no set idea right now on who will be winning the planned Edge vs. Roman Reigns match at WrestleMania 37.
- Speaking of, they also say Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar is on the table for a future WrestleMania match with the Paul Heyman connection.
- WrestleVotes says there have been talks of having Finn Balor and the NXT championship on the card at WrestleMania 37.
- Edge apparently has been pushing for a match with Daniel Bryan this year.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says that there were talks with both ESPN and Vice on a US television deal for New Japan Pro Wrestling before a deal was reached with Roku Channel.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.