Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that WWE and Big Show were “far apart on money,” which opened the door for his surprise signing with AEW.
- While discussing Kacy Catanzaro’s injury angle on NXT, Meltzer surmised that she is “really hurt.”
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez was told that the Young Bucks’ father wanted to legitimately cut himself open for this week’s angle where he was beat up by Chris Jericho on Dynamite, but fake blood was used instead.
- On Renee Paquette’s Oral Sessions podcast, The Miz claimed that on the afternoon of Elimination Chamber, WWE creative had yet to tell him that he was winning the WWE championship.
- During an interview on The Wrestling Inc. Daily podcast, Carlito denied the rumor that he was offered a trial as a backstage producer in WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.