Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE talents Fightful Select spoke to did not know Big Show was leaving the company. Higher-ups learned earlier this month he would no longer be working with WWE in any capacity.
- The AEW roster was similarly in the dark, with most learning Paul Wight signed when it was announced Wednesday morning.
- It’s believed the post-match angle between Charlotte Flair and Asuka from Monday’s Raw is setting up a feud between the two for WrestleMania 37, but may not have come off as planned because of Asuka losing a tooth during their loss to Nia Jax & Shayna Bazler.
- Another good sign for Damian Priest: on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that WWE officials “like him” and that “he’s gonna be protected for sure until WrestleMania and probably after.” Meltzer did add the usual caveat about Vince McMahon changing his mind and giving up on Priest, “but for right now, he’s in a good spot and he’s doing well.”
- On AdFreeShows’ Monday Mailbag podcast, Mike Chioda said John Cena “had a little bit of a problem doing the job” for The Rock at WrestleMania 28.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.