Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Edge vs. Roman Reigns is the planned main event of WrestleMania 37, reports Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer.
- “The Bianca Belair match isn’t 100 percent right now,” according to the Observer.
- Meltzer also wrote that Christian’s return is “not a one-time-and gone thing,” but it’s not clear how much he’ll be wrestling.
- “The vibe” backstage at Royal Rumble was “the most upbeat locker room he’s seen in a long while”, said a WrestleVotes source. This is usual this time of year, but amplified by the prospect of the return of fans at WrestleMania.
- Jey Uso wasn’t medically cleared for the Rumble, according to the Observer. No medical reason was reported, and his expected return is likewise unknown.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.