Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- When asked about Tessa Blanchard possibly signing with AEW, Tony Schiavone said, “I don’t think that’s happening, at least not anytime soon.”
- According to Ringside News, Vince McMahon “still doesn’t get” Keith Lee, including his promos.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that McMahon sees nothing in Andrade and Aleister Black.
- Per Meltzer, the advertised match on NXT between Karrion Kross and Santos Escobar couldn’t happen this week due to “a medical reason.”
- HeelByNature mentions that WWE actually trademarked the name “LA Night”, even though Eli Drake’s new name in the promotion is “LA Knight.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.