Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fans on Twitter were concerned after Kyle O’Reilly was taken away from ringside on a stretcher after NXT went off the air last night, but FOX’s Ryan Satin reports it was a work and O’Reilly was just selling the attack by Adam Cole that closed the show.
- Damian Priest has made a great impression backstage on the main roster, per Fightful Select. He “extremely well liked” and source told the site at Royal Rumble & the next night’s Raw Priest “did everything they could have expected from him after being thrown into the deep end.”
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that NXT stars (aside from Finn Balor and probably Adam Cole) make in the range of $100 - $150K per year. New signees start at $50 - 60K.
- Also from WOR, Meltzer confirms Bo Dallas is still on the WWE roster but there are no plans to use him: “He’s still got a job. No idea what or why or anything. It’s a big mystery.”
- Another Observer Radio item - AXS TV wanted New Japan back on their network, but NJPW felt the Roku Channel was the better strategic play.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.