Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Plans originally called for Roman Reigns to defend the Universal title in an Elimination Chamber match at next Sunday’s PPV, per Wrestling Observer Radio.
- A source told Ringside News it was Reigns’ call to shift to the current plan, “They weren’t getting him in that chamber. No chance.”
- According to PW Insider, whatever was planned for Sammy Guevara at Impact before he was pulled over creative differences would have been a “short storyline”.
- On his post-TakeOver media call, Triple H said the NXT Women’s title match at Vengeance Day had more time allotted to it than was used. Because some things didn’t go as planned like the announce table collapsing while prepping to use it in a spot, the performers had to improvise and didn’t go as long.
- Joining Taya Valkyrie in the next Performance Center class will be indie wrestler Blake Christian, who has recently been working with Impact, and Harlem Bravado, formerly of Evolve.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.