Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A source told WrestleVotes that WrestleMania 37 ticket sales are delayed because WWE is still trying to figure out how to safely pull off the event.
- Ringside News indicated that WWE’s current plan is to add a SmackDown men’s Elimination Chamber match to the Feb. 21 pay-per-view. There are no plans for a women’s Elimination Chamber match on the card.
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said that even though Cody was injured on Dynamite, he’s expected to be fine for the upcoming match on Mar. 3 against Shaquille O’Neal.
- Alvarez also mentioned that Cameron Grimes really did make “a ton of money” on AMC stock, and that’s the inspiration behind his new GameStop money gimmick.
- PW Insider was told that Bayley’s elimination at Royal Rumble 2021 occurred “a little earlier than originally planned.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.