Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Toni Storm wasn’t originally scheduled for the Women’s Royal Rumble, per Fightful Select. She was there as an alternate and used because Mia Yim “couldn’t go”. Kacy Catanzaro was also there as an alternate, but wasn’t used.
- On the Men’s side, Murphy and Cedric Alexander were on standby. Interesting to note Andrade was not listed as an alternate. Fightful wasn’t even sure if he was in the building for the Rumble.
- Cody Rhodes suffered “a slight tear of his left rotator cuff during his tag team match on Dynamite,” according to a statement AEW gave to Wrestling Inc.
- Wrestling Observer reports all of the matches from the Japan side of the AEW Women’s Tournament bracket were filmed at Ice Ribbon dojo in Saitama, Japan. AEW Women’s champ Hikaru Shida oversaw the taping.
- WWE is still moving to new headquarters, per The Stamford Advocate, but they’re keeping quiet about when the move will take place.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.