Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Observer mentions Rhea Ripley could end up on Friday Night SmackDown as a member of its roster. There’s speculation she could show up there as soon as this week.
- Fightful Select says Bad Bunny has already brought in more than $500K in sales for WWE, a big reason WWE wants to keep him around through WrestleMania.
- Per Wrestling Observer Radio, Steve Cutler’s release led to WWE dropping a planned program that would have seen King Corbin, Cutler and Wesley Blake feud with Rey & Dominik Mysterio and Buddy Murphy.
- WOR also said it’s unclear why Murphy’s story with Aalyah was dropped and there’s no specific reason for it.
- Lars Sullivan posted some concept art on his Instagram that apparently depicts an idea for him while he was still with WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.