Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider was told that Maryse’s appearance on Raw was not a one-time deal, and there has been talk of adding Beth Phoenix to the Edge/Miz story at some point.
- While discussing Scotty 2 Hotty’s request to be released and Beth Phoenix’s exit from NXT, Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez said there are several people who have been with NXT for a long time that don’t like it there anymore ever since the show was rebranded. As a result, more departures are coming.
- Alvarez indicated the reason why many people in WWE believe Tony Khan buys up tickets for AEW shows is because they can’t come up with a better explanation for how AEW could possibly outsell WWE in tickets. He emphasized this is a widespread belief in WWE that he has been hearing about for months now from a wide variety of people.
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer heard that WWE has talked about dropping the NXT Cruiserweight championship and changing the concept of 205 Live.
- Meltzer also said the real reason why Rey Fenix missed AEW television this week was due to travel difficulties. He’s not injured, and will wrestle against FTR at Triplemania Regia on Saturday (Dec. 4).
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.