Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says the Omos & AJ Styles split was rushed because WWE has “significant plans” for both wrestlers in early 2022.
- According to Fightful Select, Vince McMahon is now adamant about not granting any “no cut” clauses in new contracts for any talent.
- Ringside News claims the writing team was told they can come up with long term ideas for Sami Zayn, furthering the belief he’s re-signed with WWE.
- They also say WWE is in the process of making a lot of contingency plans in case COVID leads to a change in touring plans.
- According to Forbes, CM Punk’s relationship with WWE management is such that he’ll likely never appear in any future WWE game.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.