Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned WWE hasn’t mandated or told everyone they must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- As far as recent WWE releases, Meltzer said there were “probably about 10 others” who were discussed about being cut and ultimately weren’t. It’s entirely possible some of those names end up cut soon anyway.
- For what it’s worth, Tony Khan told PW Torch there are wrestlers who were recently released by WWE that he’s interested in but he won’t say who they are.
- PW Insider says Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo will only be known as “Angel” and “Humberto” going forward. That’s in addition to being named Los Lotharios as a team.
- The Observer says Harry Smith was signed to be a big UK star but was then earmarked for the main roster. However, he didn’t get over in his tryout match for them and was let go.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.