Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, John Laurinaitis, WWE’s head of Talent Relations, sent a company-wide email citing budget cuts as the reason why WWE fired 18 wrestlers last night.
- One source told Andrew Zarian that potentially four of the wrestlers were released because they are not vaccinated from COVID-19. The New York Post specifically heard that’s one of the reasons why Nia Jax was fired.
- In the aftermath of all the roster cuts, PW Insider says WWE has canceled some Performance Center training classes that were originally scheduled for today.
- Fightful mentioned that WWE also fired several office employees this week.
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer indicated AEW’s initial plan in the World Title Eliminator Tournament was for Jon Moxley to undergo a personality change and defeat Orange Cassidy. Fightful claims Miro wasn’t originally scheduled for Dynamite this week, and he arrived at the venue shortly before show time to replace Moxley. There’s no timetable for when Moxley will return to the promotion now that he’s in rehab.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.