Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Long time Senior Vice President, Creative Services Stan Stanski exited WWE yesterday ahead of today’s earnings report, reports PW Insider. A source told the site the end of Stanski’s 15 years with the company was “the ultimate proof no one is safe” and “yet another reminder this isn’t the same company it was a year ago.”
- WWE sources told Fightful Select that Vince McMahon had grown to dislike Bray Wyatt by the time of his release, as McMahon didn’t like how outspoken Wyatt had become about creative.
- That said, considering they’re coming from “WWE sources” just as Wyatt’s non-compete expires, there is some skepticism about the recent stream of rumors about Bray being difficult to work with.
- Kyle O’Reilly’s WWE contract is set to expire next month, according to PW Insider.
- The angle on this week’s NXT where Zoey Stark was attacked by Toxic Attraction was done to cover for a real injury Stark is dealing with, per Post Wrestling. It’s not confirmed what the injury is or how long she’ll be out.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.