Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that AJ Styles is currently out due to a “non-injury medical issue.” It’s unclear what exactly it is but that’s why he’s been missing from television.
- As for others missing from the show, it’s not clear why but PW Insider says Bobby Lashley and Karrion Kross also weren’t even in the building at Raw this week.
- Ringside News claims they were told Bray Wyatt was hard to get along with backstage before his release from WWE.
- They also say he isn’t likely to take any independent bookings, so it’s either Impact or AEW for him.
- No Way, Taylor Wilde, TJP, Tommy Dreamer, and Petey Williams were removed from the Impact Wrestling roster page but PW Insider says sources from in the company informed them it should not be taken as an indication they are being released.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.