Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- After WWE fired eight wrestlers last night, a source told Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian that many people in the company were “blindsided” by the news. No more roster cuts were expected in 2021 after WWE fired 18 wrestlers two weeks ago.
- WrestleVotes indicated there is some real tension and disdain between Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair. The finish to their Survivor Series match has been “greatly debated,” but WWE expects both wrestlers to remain professional.
- On his podcast, Ric Flair mentioned that Hulk Hogan is having “some really bad health issues.”
- Wrestlenomics’ Brandon Thurston said the median viewer age for this week’s record-low rated episode of NXT was once again 62 years old.
- Zarian said before he left AEW for rehab, Jon Moxley was originally scheduled to win the AEW World Title Eliminator tournament and turn heel by the end of Full Gear.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.