Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Mysterios breakup and feud will be happening soon, according to one of Andrew Zarian’s WWE sources.
- A source on the creative team told Ringside News, B-Fab was released because Hit Row “was deemed to be just fine without her.”
- PW Insider was told there was a “Capital letters LONG” production meeting Monday afternoon before Raw. Vince McMahon attended that, but left before the start of the show. Bruce Prichard wasn’t there either, so John Laurinaitis was in charge backstage.
- Whatever the “minor injury” concern was that led to Finn Balor being pulled from Tuesday’s Leeds house show must have been precautionary, as Wrestling Observer reports he was back in action on Wednesday in Manchester. Balor worked most of a tag match where he teamed with Cesaro against WALTER & Sheamus.
- Chloe Christmas, a former independent wrestler now refereeing in WWE Developmental, last week changed her social media accounts to indicate her official WWE name would be “Paige”. This drew negative reactions, including from currently retired WWE Superstar Paige. Christmas now appears to be going by “Blair Baldwin”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.