Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is aware their events in Saudi Arabia are seen as “a very big house show with no longer-term repercussions,” says Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian. They want to change that with this year’s Crown Jewel, so expect the show to impact television storylines.
- Based on Jeff Hardy’s promo on Monday’s Raw and an interview with the NC Culture State podcast where he talked about the character, there’s a lot of speculation Hardy could use his Willow gimmick on SmackDown.
- Drew McIntyre rekindled talk of a match with boxing champ Tyson Fury in a recent interview with Sportskeeda. The belief is that could anchor a proposed UK PPV.
- Probably take a few extra grains of salt with this one, but Johnny Gargano removed references to NXT from his Twitter account and replaced them with “pro wrestler”. His contract is said to expire this December.
- According to PW Insider, Kenn Doane (formerly known as Kenny Dykstra of The Spirit Squad) is coaching at the WWE Performance Center.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.