Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that despite recent rumors that AEW EVPs have lost power, the roles of higher ups in the company have remained the same dating back to 2019.
- According to PW Insider, WWE considered splitting up The Street Profits in this year’s draft. Montez Ford would have gone to Raw while Angelo Dawkins would have remained on SmackDown. Instead, they split up T-BAR and MACE.
- Ringside News claims Braun Strowman’s representation reached out to them to say they’ve had talks with WWE since his release and his future plans will be announced soon.
- RSN also says that while NXT and Raw will be using more profanity on TV, that won’t be the case for SmackDown.
- Finally, Ringside notes that WWE has big plans for Austin Theory on Monday Night Raw.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.