Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A Raw writer fought to get Finn Bálor drafted to Monday nights so he could “be used in [Drew] McIntyre’s role now”, according to a story WrestleVotes heard.
- “No one backstage cared” when Edge referred to FTR by their real names during last Friday’s SmackDown, per Ringside News.
- Many of the draft picks announced on Talking Smack over the weekend found out whether they were switching brands via social media, reports PW Insider. A WWE source defended that by saying the moves won’t take effect for several weeks.
- When discussing the card for Crown Jewel on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Goldberg has “a specific deal with the Saudi shows”. Moving his match with Bobby Lashley off the Oct. 21 event to an episode of television would cost Goldberg millions.
- Insider heard talk WALTER could be used more outside of NXT UK. He’s said to currently be in the United States.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.