Reports are that the Forbidden Door between Impact and AEW is closed for now, but it seems the one that arrangement opened between Impact and New Japan is still operational.
NJPW talent regularly appears on Impact, and now two of the Anthem-owned promotion’s biggest names will head to San Jose to work New Japan of America’s Battle in the Valley PPV - including the current and former Impact World champions.
Moose is the reigning champ, having used a Money in the Bank-like Call Your Shot contract to crash Josh Alexander’s celebration after winning the belt at Bound For Glory. Both men are headed to San Jose on Nov. 13.
Alexander will face Yuya Uemura, who’s on excursion to NJPW’s LA Dojo. Moose, who worked New Japan’s Resurgence show in Los Angeles back in April, will battle Juice Robinson, who’s spent plenty of time in Impact during the Forbidden Door era.
New Japan also added a Brody King & Chris Dickinson tag match to the card. Here’s an updated look at the line-up for Battle in the Valley, which will stream at 11pm ET on NJPWWorld with Japanese commentary, and will be available for purchase on Fite with an English language announce team:
- Jay White (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the NEVER Openweight championship
- Will Ospreay vs. Ren Narita
- Clark Connors & Karl Fredericks vs. Jeff Cobb & TJP
- Fred Rosser, David Finlay, Rocky Romero, Alex Zayne & Alex Coughlin vs. Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor, JR Kratos, Danny Limelight, Jorel nelson, & Royce Isaacs)
- Moose vs. Juice Robinson
- Josh Alexander vs. Yuya Uemura
- Violence Unlimited (Chris Dickinson & Brody King) vs. Stray Dog Army (Bateman & Misterioso)
- Kazuchika Okada in action
- Buddy Matthews debut