Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE has a new directive when it comes to hiring referees, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter: “they should be shorter to make the talent look taller.”
- The WON also discusses heat on Charlotte Flair in the women’s locker room, noting that it’s a case of a lot of little things piling up. One of those is that despite the fact she’s a heel, Flair gets to do crowd-pleasing moves like dives and her moonsault to the floor. Those are seen as making it harder to get over as a babyface working against her.
- Vince McMahon flew back to Saudi Arabia after Crown Jewel for a previously planned business meeting, reports the WON.
- The Elite’s original plan for Wednesday’s Dynamite was to wear Squid Game costumes, but Fightful Select says TNT didn’t like the idea (probably because its a Netflix property), so they switched to the Ghostbusters.
- Jimmy Yang, who as Jimmy Wang Yang was a member of the WWE roster in the aughts, started working as a producer on Raw this week, per the Observer. PW Insider also says Petey Williams is getting a tryout as a producer on SmackDown.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.