Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian said the narrative that WWE released Bray Wyatt due to budget cuts is “utter bullshit.”
- In the aftermath of the backstage incident with Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch, Sean Ross Sapp mentioned that WWE pulled Flair from her media appearances this week.
- Sports Illustrated says the ROH video library is available for purchase and will go to the highest bidder. They have been trying to sell the Sinclair archive (content from 2012 on) for over a year. The library includes the All In event from 2018.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said the reason Toxic Attraction is getting pushed so hard in NXT 2.0 is to attract young male viewers.
- AAA tag team champions FTR are heading to Mexico for AAA’s taping on Nov. 4 with Vickie Guerrero as their manager, per Meltzer. AAA also wants to book FTR for a tag title match at Triplemania Regia on Dec. 4, but it’s not clear if that will happen.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.