Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes claims Halloween Havoc was meant to launch the Bron Breakker era. There were apparently talks of his winning the title but that obviously didn’t end up happening.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned there’s a real strong sentiment that all WrestleMania shows going forward will be two night events.
- Meltzer also said that the two Saudi Arabia shows in 2022 will indeed happen in February and October they just haven’t nailed down exact dates yet.
- Sticking with Meltzer and WOR, a fun conspiracy theory come to life: There was talk that MSK has been getting booed at NXT tapings because Izzy’s parents led a concerted effort to work against them after they spoke out against a spot Izzy did years ago. Meltzer says that’s actually what has been happening.
- Per the Observer, Chad Gable leaving WWE has been talked about, and he’s had friends tell him he should go, but it’s unclear if it will actually happen.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.