Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The people in WWE who PW Insider spoke with were “really thrilled” with yesterday’s Crown Jewel pay-per-view (PPV) event. It sounds like WWE plans to return to Saudi Arabia in the first quarter of 2022.
- WWE currently does not have any NXT TakeOver PPV events listed on their internal schedule for the rest of 2021, per Insider.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Paul Heyman wanted Aleister Black to defeat Brock Lesnar and win the WWE championship at WrestleMania 36, but it didn’t happen because Vince McMahon saw things differently from Heyman.
- F4WOnline’s Bryan Alvarez indicated the reason why WWE permanently removed Riddle’s first name is because they didn’t want anybody to search his name on the internet when his personal life was under scrutiny.
- AEW filed for a trademark on “WYW” and the phrase “Watch Your Wrestling.” WWE recently filed for a trademark on the term “AXIOM.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.