Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- After announcing on Tuesday that their breast cancer awareness merchandise would benefit Susan G. Komen, AEW received criticism on social media, with many pointing out CM Punk’s 2015 tweet saying “Komen is a scam.” WhatCulture notes AEW’s since deleted all references to Komen in promotion of the merch, but hasn’t commented otherwise.
- Regarding speculation Charlotte Flair could be added to Crown Jewel’s SmackDown Women’s title match, Fightful Select says she is not listed internally for today’s show. Talents in Saudi Arabia they’ve checked with haven’t seen her there, either.
- For whatever it’s worth, Shotzi & Nox worked heel against Natalya & Tamina on last weekend’s house show in El Paso.
- Deonna Purrazzo told Fightful she and Britt Baker are interested in working together in AEW & Impact as a tag team. They’ve approached their respective bosses Scott D’Amore & Tony Khan about it.
- After a nasty fall during the Triple Threat on Tuesday’s NXT, Toxic Attraction’s Jacy Jayne was taken out of the match and helped to the back. Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez says Jayne underwent a CT scan and the results were normal, but her status for the Women’s Tag title Ladder Match at Halloween Havoc is still unclear.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.