Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter has a report on the perception of AEW backstage at WWE. Apparently there’s a feeling the Tony Khan has overspent to get the success his company’s had thus far, which is unfair to WWE because they “have” to make money.
- Dave Meltzer’s sources also say people have told Vince McMahon “we beat Ted Turner and Ted Turner is smarter than Tony Khan.” Those types of comments are said to be prevalent within WWE.
- A source in WWE told Ringside News that rumors of specific tag teams being split up in the draft are always overblown because “every team is discussed splitting” whenever there is a draft.
- The Observer disputed Mark Henry’s claim that PAC suffered a concussion a month and a half ago, saying his last concussion wasn’t “any time remotely recently.”
- According to Fightful, WOW made a pitch for La Rosa Negra to work for the promotion and appear on screen with Tessa Blanchard. La Rosa Negra was said to be insulted by the offer. (For context, Blanchard has previously been accused of bullying and directing a racial slur towards La Rosa Negra, and Blanchard denies those allegations.)
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.