Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian said The Rock will no longer be appearing at Survivor Series 2021. Furthermore, “people in the know” are adamant that Roman Reigns vs. The Rock should not take place at WrestleMania 38 in Dallas, and needs to be booked at WrestleMania 39 in Los Angeles. That’s where the focus currently is in WWE.
- Zarian said there were several reasons why WWE released Bray Wyatt, in addition to the financial aspect cited by the company. Zarian followed up by saying “Bray was being difficult”, he had some “performance issues in the ring,” and he also had some “weight issues.”
- According to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer, WWE is “far more than just aware” that they have a problem with so many 40+ year old wrestlers being on the main roster. One of the reasons NXT has changed so much is because WWE is not in denial about the need to get wrestlers in their 20’s ready for Raw and SmackDown.
- Fightful mentioned WWE made the decision to cancel December’s pay-per-view (PPV) event well over a month ago. The originally scheduled December event likely fell too close on the calendar to the Day One PPV, which happens to be “spearheaded” by Nick Khan.
- WrestlingNews.co heard the reason why Cameron Grimes hasn’t been called up to the main roster is because Vince McMahon wanted to change the “presentation of his character.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.