Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A photo of Tony Khan from a recent Jacksonsville Jaguars game posted to r/SquaredCircle shows him carrying what appears to be a draft of the Full Gear card. In addition to Hangman Page vs. Kenny Omega, fans say matches like Bryan Danielson vs. Jon Moxley and CM Punk vs. Wardlow are listed.
- During his interview with Barstool’s Robbie Fox, Khan said he’s been talking to WarnerMedia about a streaming home for AEW’s library.
- A Fightful report on WOW’s relaunch mentions there were “numerous accusations” of Tessa Blanchard bullying people within WOW. This would seem to be in addition to the allegations that went public about Tessa Blanchard in early 2020 that she’s denied.
- During a virtual signing for K & S WrestleFest, Jerry Lawler said calling one of Akira Tozawa’s moves a “ramen noodle moonsault” on television last April is “probably why I’m not on Raw right now.”
- Voices of Wrestling tweeted that WWE is leaking Rampage’s overnight ratings to media outlets. The overnights are lower than the final numbers that come out on Mondays.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.