Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bianca Belair was left off the graphic showcasing the new Raw roster on the show this week but Fightful Select says it was simply an error and there has been no change in her status as of this time.
- For whatever it’s worth, Tony Khan told Moose & Maggie of WFAN he hasn’t talked to Bray Wyatt about coming to AEW yet.
- Sports Gamers Online says recent WWE releases this year ruined DLC plans for the upcoming WWE 2K22 game.
- Allison Danger was recently hired as a coach at the WWE Performance Center, per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. She joins another recent hire, Kenn Doane.
- Sticking with this week’s WON, Dave Meltzer wrote that New Japan is close to a new U.S. television contract. It’s not supposed to be a major deal, but the company realizes they need a TV presence here if NJPW of America is going to grow.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.