Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Liv Morgan was originally planned to beat Carmella in the Queen’s Crown tournament, according to Fightful Select. Plans were changed at the last minute.
- Fightful also noted that there is significant frustration from talent and staff about the booking of the women’s division lately.
- Roman Reigns is reportedly the top merchandise seller among heels in WWE history. A source told WrestlingNews.co that Roman Reigns merchandise sales are approaching John Cena levels, which is seen as particularly impressive since Cena was a babyface.
- WWE was planning to split AJ Styles and Omos in the draft, until WrestleVotes says “people of power (including a main Raw talent) spoke up & expressed thoughts on how Omos isn’t quite ready for singles yet.”
- AEW announced a “Heritage Night” promotion for Rampage in Miami this Friday night. Wrestling Observer notes the show “had very weak ticket sales as of the weekend.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.