Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer discussed the build WWE had been doing to Roman Reigns vs. Goldberg. The late decision to have Goldberg challenge Drew McIntyre at Royal Rumble wasn’t a swerve, but presumably because “they have nobody ready.”
- An NXT talent was scripted to debut on SmackDown last Friday in the main event segment with Roman Reigns, Jey Uso & Kevin Owens, per WrestleVotes.
- Fightful says that person was Damian Priest. WrestleVotes’ source didn’t know if the plan was scrapped or just delayed a week to allow for Priest’s match on last night’s NXT.
- Jeff Jarrett is “heavily involved” with WWE’s India project, reports Sportskeeda. Jarrett, who has experience in the region from working on TNA’s Ring ka King, is “tasked with searching for a native-born Indian WWE Superstar.”
- In a report on their Patreon Select site, Fightful says Ethan Page has already left Impact. His cinematic match for next weekend’s Hard to Kill PPV was filmed back in November.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.