Here's a place to check results and comment along with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)'s Wrestle Kingdom 15 Night Two - happening Tuesday, January 5, 2021 from the Tokyo Dome. The show will air live during the early morning hours for United States audiences, with a replay available an hour after the main show wraps.
NJPW has their own, WWE Network like streaming service, NJPW World which can be subscribed to worldwide and that will broadcast the show in both English and Japanese. You can access NJW at this link. At current exchange rate, the service is just over $10 per month. For those of you without the ability to subscribe to NJPW World, the show will also be available on FITE TV live as an internet pay-per-view.
That leaves the time difference from Tokyo as the major challenge. With a bell time of 5PM in Japan, the broadcast will start at 3AM Eastern / 12AM Pacific time in the U.S.
It should be worth a sluggish Tuesday afternoon, however. Wrestle Kingdom is the biggest event on New Japan's calendar - whatever the January show from the Tokyo Dome is called, it's NJPW's version of WrestleMania - and they've done their best to put together an exciting card worthy of that status, even in plague world.
Use this space to discuss the show before, during (whenever you watch) and after with the best pro wrestling community on the internet, and we'll update the results as we have them.
- Toru Yano over Bad Luck Fale, BUSHI, and Chase Owens by pinfall with stereo low blows on the Bullet Club men and a lateral press on an unconscious BUSHI who had been hit with Grenade Launcher to win the KOPW 2021 Provisional Championship.
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c) over One or Eight (Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi) by pinfall with Pinche Loco from Despy on Taguchi to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
- Shingo Takagi (c) over Jeff Cobb by pinfall with Last of the Dragon to retain the NEVER Openweight Championship.
- SANADA over EVIL by pinfall with the moonsault.
- Hiromu Takahashi over Taiji Ishimori (c) by pinfall with Time Bomb II to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship.
- Kota Ibushi (c) over “Switchblade” Jay White by pinfall with Kamigoye to retain the IWGP Heavyweight and IWGP Intercontinental Championships.
- Post-match, SANADA gets on the mic and congratulates and challenges Ibushi, a challenge the new champion and accepts.
- Ibushi continues on the mic after SANADA leaves and confirms that he has, in fact, become god.
Enjoy the show!