Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says the only match locked in for WrestleMania 37 at this moment is Roman Reigns but it’s unclear who his opponent will be.
- They also note speculation of the Firefly Fun House match between Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt being held off until WrestleMania being a possibility.
- Seth Rollins name has come up as a possible surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble match.
- The Observer notes there are rumors about Hideki Suzuki going to WWE, with Tokyo Sports saying he got a one-way ticket to the States.
- They also say that the New Japan Pro Wrestling television deal for the U.S. has been finalized since December but “it’s not something people would consider major.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.