Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While discussing Rhea Ripley’s status for the Royal Rumble, F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer said that she is already “on the main roster.” Her debut was supposed to occur “a couple weeks ago,” but it was held off.
- Ringside News was told that the current flow of information within the WWE creative process is the worst it’s ever been. Bruce Prichard can block opinions from getting to Vince McMahon from nearly everyone except for a small group that includes names like Kevin Dunn, Stephanie McMahon, Roman Reigns, Triple H, Paul Heyman, and Daniel Bryan.
- PW Insider confirmed that on Jan. 26, WWE filed a lawsuit against United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The nature of the lawsuit is unknown, but they speculate that it could be related to an inability to get a performer into the USA.
- Fightful says that WWE is holding a six hour Royal Rumble rehearsal on Saturday (Jan. 30) in Orlando, Florida.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer indicated that even if the NBA eventually settles on Mar. 7 as the date for their All-Star game, AEW’s Revolution pay-per-view will likely go on as currently scheduled.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.