Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sources told Fightful Aleister Black hasn’t been seen backstage at SmackDown since his wife was released. One person told the site ”the company seems to think that they’re letting any ill will between the two subside.”
- PW Insider’s Mike Johnson wrote of Black: “I was told he was purposely pulled from television so he [can] come back and have a big dramatic debut for SmackDown, and it just hasn’t happened.” He agrees that could be because they want to let “the waters kind of calm” after Zelina Vega was let go.
- Brock Lesnar clone Parker Boudreaux, who Paul Heyman has praised in the past, was at NXT last week speaking to WWE officials, per Fightful.
- Speaking of Heyman, Wrestling Observer says he was backstage at Raw on Monday night because he’s “in charge of Bill Goldberg’s promos”.
- Despite Don Callis’ comments at Hard to Kill, Fightful says Moose’s Impact contract is up in June.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.