Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE informed the roster via its Talent Relations app that the company will not be providing COVID-19 vaccines for on-screen talent, according to Fightful Select. As independent contractors, if they want to get vaccinated they have to handle it on their own.
- Reactions from wrestlers the site spoke to ranged from “shocked” to “frustrated but not surprised”. Some said there are senior members of staff who actively speak out against COVID and its existence altogether.
- PW Insider says Raw’s six-woman tag match last night was restarted because Shayna Baszler was legitimately counted out and that wasn’t the planned finish.
- That site also says Dana Brooke is “100% okay is 100% OK after the rough bump she took from a Nia Jax chokeslam.”
- Big Japan’s Hideki Suzuki left the country on a one way ticket, per Tokyo Sports. Speculation is he’s headed to WWE, where he’d join recent signees Jiro Kuroshio and Sareee.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.