Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says the WWE creative team started working on bigger ideas for WrestleMania 37 once the decision was made to run a two-night event. The belief is they need four major matches, two per night. For that matter, they say John Cena and Bill Goldberg are “nearly locks” for the show.
- As for what the top of the card will look like, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter says WWE is still undecided on all the major matches as of right now.
- They do say that there are currently two names being considered for Roman Reigns, so Daniel Bryan is not locked in yet.
- Lastly, Meltzer says WWE hopes to have 30,000 fans in the building for both nights at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay.
- Per the Observer, AEW is trying to bring Riho back and it could happen as early as February.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.