Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says the tentative plan for Randy Orton and The Fiend is to have a Firefly Fun House match at Royal Rumble 2021.
- The Observer also notes that Erick Rowan is not signed to an AEW contract. His appearance on this week’s Dynamite was a one time deal.
- Fightful explains that at least half a dozen WWE performers have balked at recent new contract offers. It is assumed that the dollar amounts in these contracts are lower than expected due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Per the Observer, Stardom’s plans for their big show on Mar. 3 in Budokan Hall included bringing in Kairi Sane, but her attempts to gain WWE’s approval for this appearance “got nowhere.”
- Another tidbit about Stardom mentions that AEW did not allow Riho to lose there during her recent work with the promotion, and that’s related to why she was not involved in any key programs.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.