Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Last fall, Fightful Select says all the members of RETRIBUTION except for Mustafa Ali were offered new three year contracts worth $250k per year. This is “significantly lower” than past deals offered to acts moving to the main roster.
- Offers have gone down due to the pandemic, and some talent have been told they might be able to re-negotiate later. It’s not known whether RETRIBUTION was told the same thing, or whether they signed the deals.
- Some recent call-ups are still making the same money on Raw or SmackDown that they were making in NXT, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. That will likely be the case until their contracts are up or some form of touring resumes, whichever comes first.
- WWE passed on signing ROH World champ RUSH because his asking price was too high, per Wrestling Inc.
- On her Twitch channel, Lita said Vince McMahon threatened to fire her if she didn’t take part in Edge’s “Live Sex Celebration” on Raw in 2006. She, Edge, John Cena & others apparently all tried to talk Vince out of segment, but he liked the idea too much to give it up.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.