Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, the jaw injury Kofi Kingston is dealing with right now is a legitimate issue.
- The Observer says the top rope breaking during the Keith Lee spot on Raw was planned, and it was just a big moment before a commercial break.
- Per Wrestling Observer Radio, Ric Flair is back as a full time performer, though it’s unclear how long that will last.
- WrestleVotes notes that WWE believes the stress of trying to remove the ThunderDome setup for one night of fans at Royal Rumble is too much to make happen.
- WWE initially planned to tape the Superstar Spectacle event over a few days at the Performance Center in Orlando but now it will be taped in one day, on Jan. 21, per PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.