Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, WWE was showing AEW respect by letting them pay tribute to Brodie Lee first.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer says that Chris Jericho was not supposed to say the name Erick Rowan on commentary during the big man’s surprise appearance on Dynamite because WWE owns that intellectual property. That’s why Excalibur interjected with “Redbeard!” every time Jericho said “Rowan.”
- Former WWE referee Mike Chioda told AdFreeShows that even before the global pandemic, there was talk within WWE of cutting down their domestic house show schedule to one weekend per month. Live events were much more profitable overseas than within the United States.
- TalkSPORT revealed that Ben Carter will make his NXT UK debut on Jan. 7, 2021.
- Tyson Kidd mentioned on The Dropkick Podcast that he’s trying to convince Davey Boy Smith Jr. to return to WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.