Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Gary Cassidy of Sportskeeda reported the reason their were no matches announced for last night’s Raw until 90 minutes before it went live is because Vince McMahon didn’t look at the plans until he boarded the corporate jet to fly to Orlando yesterday morning.
- Sources told Cassidy the issue stems from the two people in charge of Raw’s writing team having issues getting input from talent and finishing the script in time. He was told “Raw has really fallen apart without [Paul] Heyman driving the creative.”
- The injury Ivar suffered while doing a dive spot during the eight-man tag on Raw is believed to be a stinger, per PW Insider.
- Per Wrestling Observer, WWE talent were told at a pre-Raw meeting they can continue to be on Twitch and YouTube as long as they use their real names, and inform the company about their accounts.
- There were still questions about what isn’t allowed under the new policy, but “the belief was that Cameo wouldn’t be allowed” at all.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.