Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per the Observer, there have apparently at least been talks of Brock Lesnar wrestling Drew McIntyre at WrestleMania 37.
- Dave Meltzer says WWE talent were told they can’t just use their real names and continue engaging with third parties like Twitch but it’s still vague and no one is clear on what the rules are yet.
- Having said that, the belief is YouTube is not included but Twitch and Tik Tok both are.
- Britt Baker vs. Big Swole happened the way it did to protect Baker because she isn’t quite fully healed from her injuries and doing the match this way allowed AEW to mask that, says Wrestling Observer Radio.
- Tony Schiavone said on the All Out post-show that the new AEW show on TNT should be on the air by the end of 2020.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.